Who is eligible for the UNIGIS professional program?
To be eligible for the “Geographical Information Systems (UNIGIS professional)” you need to
- hold a general university entry qualification for an Austrian university or a university of applied sciences (“Fachhochschule”).
- have a minimum age of 20, and
- prove sufficient English language skills: language level B2 or higher according to the Common European Framework (CEF), or equivalent qualifications.
The Program Director decides on the admision to the study program with regards to available study places considering all application documents, and the admission interview (if applicable).
The tuition fee amounts to € 5,400.– payable in a single installment. However, tuition fees may be modified to fit the price level of the respective country, see Study locations.
The fee includes all registration fees at University of Salzburg (e.g. fees for university services, and the Austrian Student Union).
Additional costs for the communication during the study time (broadband internet, etc.), for hardware, or for optional trips to summer schools, workshops or conferences are excluded from the tuition fee.
In case a student exceeds the study end date, no further courses or exams can be taken. It is possible, however, to agree on a study extension with the Director of Studies, which then is subject to an additional extension fee.
Your steps towards registration
- Check if you fulfil the requirements. In case of doubt, we are happy to advise.
- Clarify the financing of your study, e.g. if your employer is willing to support your study.
- Set up you time management. Consider your family, job, and friends.
- Cover letter with your motivation to apply for the program
- Student Application Form – signed
- UNIGIS Terms of Participation – signed
- Curriculum Vitae
- All degrees and certificates mentioned in the student application form and curriculum vitae (originals may be requested for verification)
- A copy of the passport or national identity card
- A proof of your English language proficency: CEF (min. B2), IELTS (min. 6.0), TOEFL (min. 72) or equivalent metrics. Certificates of higher school leaving exams (e.g. Matura, K-12, GCE A-levels) may be accepted.
- A recent photograph
- Optional: Recommendation letter of an UNIGIS alumni or employer
Comments – to do
– New banner (Anna)
– check CSS: hyperlink wird nicht dargestellt (in “we are happy to advise”)